Finally, River Falls is long-term - a personal legacy of your vision, your wisdom,
your good taste. And your love of life. Consider how enduring your next move
will be, then take a closer look at River Falls. It offers a discriminating selection
of canyon properties that offer views, spaciousness and seclusion, access and
amenities, and astonishing beauty thought to be unavailable in the Texas
1. Every lot owner IS entitled to the openers, RF vehicle stickers and a code for access. You do not have to have a home at RF to
get these. Dick Buffington issues all of these. There are stickers for ATV's as well.
2. The access code MUST be preceded by a # sign before the 4 digit code. That means PRIOR, not AFTER. If you do not do this the
gate will not open.
3. You may test your code EVEN IF the gate is open. Just enter it and if you hear a BEEP after you enter the last digit then that is a
valid code. IF you hear NO beep than you either did not precede the number with a # sign, entered the wrong code or your code
is not in the system. None of these are MY fault but I can help you fix them!
4 Some of you are concerned about giving out your codes to friends. I am working on a way to have a code that will expire and
then change to a different code about every two weeks. This code will be called the "Visitor Code". It will be accessible off of my
own website (NOT RiverFalls.TC website) at any time. You will get a secure link to this private page via email. You can then go
there at anytime with one click and give this code out. Only POA members will have the link to this page. The page will not have
any reference to River Falls so that if anyone happens to find it (doubtful due to coding), they will not even know what the code
means or where it is used. It will be simple for you, trust me!
5. I am working with the people who book the BnB to secure a way to make sure their visitors have codes that quickly expire
after their event. We are trying to get away with leaving the gate open after hours.
6. We have had some openers that suddenly do not work after my update. Here is the reason. Last summer we had a change in
personnel in the security area. During this process some past owners turned in openers and these were later given to another
POA member but the records were not updated. When I, at Tully's direction, deleted the entries for the OLD lot owner, that
opener went dead, as I had no way of knowing who had it or that it was even being used. I can easily restore it to working order
once I know who has it. We also have openers registered to existing POA members but given to different POA members.
7. Please be patient when exiting the right gate. We have had several incidents of people clipping the gate and knocking it off
8. If you have problems with your openers, make sure the red light is on when you press it. I can check codes and change your
personal access codes. Please email me your needs. I travel a lot but can get my email all of the time.
9. We are working on a system to change the "all access" emergency code given out to emergency responders. IF you are using
this code, please request your OWN code as this code will change and not be made available to those who do not need it.
10. Your name no longer appears on the gate access box. We disconnected the troublesome telephone line (causing power
outages thru voltage spikes). There is no longer a need for your name. If you see your name it means I failed to check a certain
box in the software. I will fix it if I find these. Bear with me.
11. The gate has been a tremendous drain on the POA funds. It should not cost as much for it in the future.
Thank you for your patience. I hope the gate works the way it was meant to. We all want a more secure entrance. These
procedures are a good start. We hope to be adding additional security features soon.. I will let you know when I have
implemented the "Visitor Code" procedures.